Research Associate II : Frederick, MD, United States
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, sponsored by the National Cancer Institute. Our focus is on basic and applied science in cancer and AIDS. We maintain an integrated suite of advanced technologies backed by scientific expertise in areas such as genetics, genomics, protein science, proteomics, bioinformatics, high-performance biomedical computing, and nanotechnology. We develop new technologies to support cutting-edge science, and we develop and manufacture clinical-grade pharmaceuticals for first-in-human trials.
For more information about Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., please visit our webpage at www.leidosbiomed.com.
The Clinical Services Program's primary mission is to perform sequential studies using samples obtained from patients with cancer, AIDS, chronic granulomatous disease or other diseases associated with immunologic dysfunction, as well as to monitor viral load in patients with HIV.
The Research Associate II will work in direct support of the Cell Processing Laboratory of the Surgery Branch of the National Cancer Institute. The incumbent will: (1) assist in the development and production of novel cell-based therapies for patients with advanced metastatic cancer, and (2) perform data analysis and provide written summaries as needed. The position may involve the use of potentially hazardous chemical, biological, or radiological materials or may be located in areas where such materials are used and may require the use of personal protective equipment and adherence to strict safety protocols.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to biomedical research
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- Must meet any additional educational skills required by relevant laboratory accrediting agencies.
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of five (5) years related biomedical experience
- Strong background in immunology/cell biology
- Proficiency in aseptic technique and cell culture
- Working knowledge of clinical flow cytometry, instrument operations, maintenance, and quality control
- Experience performing a variety of analytical techniques including co-cultures, ELISAs and ELISPOT assays
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Demonstrated experience with process development
- Experience with human clinical samples using the BD FACSJazz flow cytometer
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V….
- Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
- Frederick, MD, United States
- 7 days ago
- March 31, 2015
- Job type
- Research Associate
- Undergraduate - Bachelor's degree
- Employment type
- Job hours