Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve -- semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning's Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
· Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment.
· Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
· Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
· Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
· Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
· Follows standard practices and procedure in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
· Bachelor's of Engineering- Computer Science discipline preferred (not required)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
· 0-2 years manufacturing experience (internship can be included as experience)
· Strong Computer skills
· General understanding of process control
· Analytical skills
· Visual Basic experience
· Lean experience
· Process improvement experience
· Leading teams
· Project management
· Ability to interface across engineering and manufacturing
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";