Temporary academic staff in the area of Toxicology of Drugs and Drug Development
The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is seeking to fill the following part-time (10 %) vacancy in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences:
• You contribute to the courses Toxicology (Master of Drug Development and Master of Pharmaceutical Care) and Toxicological tracers and working mechanisms (Master Biomedical Sciences);
• You expand the scientific research in the area ofenvironmental and forensic toxicology (with an emphasis on new psychoactive substances), both in the research lines as in newly acquired research funds;
• You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international);
• You will offer scientific services: You contribute both to forensic services to the judiciary and prosecutors and are willing to contribute actively to the development of a quality system as to further social service that comes from the research groups via analytical service;
• You supervise Master and Master-after-Master in Pharmaceutical and/or Biomedical Sciences in preparing their thesis;
• You supervise PhD students.
Nr of positions available : 1
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Established Researcher (R3)
• a part-time position as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for a period of 3 years. The appointment is renewable after positive evaluation and dependent on available financial resources;
• the date of appointment will be the 1st of October 2014;
• a gross monthly salary ranging from € 4 009,52 - € 5 910,19 for a full-time lecturer;
• a gross monthly salary ranging from € 4 591,43 tot € 7 213,07 for a full-time senior lecturer or higher;
• a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
• Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 22nd of April 2014;
• A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel;
• Selection interviews will take place on Tuesday May 13th 2014;
• More information about the application form can be obtained from Robin Wynants (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 31 41) or Ellen Huijer (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 31 45);
• For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Ingrid De Meester (TEL 03 265 27 41), Chair of the Department.