Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
At Corning Incorporated, we thrive on a culture of innovation, continually fueling the company’s growth. We boast a rich history spanning over 160 years of continuous re-invention and ongoing dedication to R&D that few companies can match. Our commitment to technology will propel us into the next 160 years and beyond. Our expertise in specialty glass and ceramics has led us to diverse market segments supporting Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Display Technologies, Environmental Technologies & Specialty Materials which has led us to many notable innovations, with recent examples including Corning ®Gorilla® Glass, LCD Glass and ClearCurve® Optical Fiber.
Scope of Position:
Ensure customer requirements are consistently met by maintaining OCS quality systems and platforms. Effectively take action when non-conformances are found. Ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the OCS Quality Management System.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Support OCS Quality Systems by creating, maintaining, and executing the global Quality Systems strategy
· Develops and maintains quality evaluation and control systems.
· Performs audits of existing plants and processes to identify non-conformances.
· Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
· Participates in the governance of Quality Management System processes.
· Ensure high level of competence in quality systems globally.
· Lead Quality roadmap improvements.
· May be certified in LEAN and Six Sigma quality engineering methodologies.
· Participate in Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) projects, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, DESGN, PQA, etc.).
· Less than 10% travel, some international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
· 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
· 4-year Engineering Degree or Statistics degree
Required Years and Area of Experience:
· 3 - 5 years of experience in Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Quality
· Statistical competency; understands variability, sampling, methods
· Familiarity with product specifications
· Structured problem solving skills to drive to root cause (e.g., KT)
· Solid communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
· Solid project management skills
· Familiarity with Quality Systems, audits, TL and ISO Certifications
· Self-starter; ability to drive projects to closure
Apply online at:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;