Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. We create and make keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, over 150 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Our products include glass substrates for LCD flat panel televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable, hardware & equipment for telephone and internet communication networks; optical biosensors for drug discovery; and other advanced optics and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, astronomy and metrology.
To know more about Corning, please visit us at www.corning.com
Scope of Position:
Performs administrative support duties for Director, Health Services, Health Services Project Manager in the Health Services Department and benefit department managers as needed. Participates in projects to improve overall administrative efficiency.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Assessment and implementation of projects to improve overall administrative efficiency.
- Able to handle confidential material and information in an appropriate manner.
- Takes initiative to identify and propose remedies to problems.
- Gives periodic status reports in written and verbal formats.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and interact with all levels of the company.
- Ability to handle multiple requests from multiple people and prioritizing own work to meet the needs of the customer.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including logistics.
- Domestic and international travel.
- Receiver of new processes and implementing those processes.
- Strictly manages Directors calendars and contacts for their daily efficiency.
- Screens calls for the Director and Project Manager and take detailed messages and prioritize the nature of the calls.
- Preparation of PowerPoint Presentations
- Handle purchase requisitions, invoicing, approving contractor work cards
- Budget tracking and assisting with Black and Green Book
- Website Management
- Vendor Management (includes surveys, reports, charting)
- Participates in department iDMAICs
- Share Drive Management
- Records Retention Facilitator
Hours of Work/work schedule/flex-time: 8am - 5pm
Required Education: High School Diploma
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Beginning job content knowledge
- 1-3 years administrative experience
Desired Years and Area of Experience:
- Successful record of performance in previous work experience
- 3-5 years Corning experience
- Strong knowledge of computer software
- Performance Metrics: Quality, Productivity & Values/Diversity
- Integrity & Trust
- Peer relationships/collaboration - team focused and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction on routine and new tasks.
- Able to work with a professional demeanor with external customers.
- Organizational skills, rigorous and efficient
- Customer focused – ability to prioritize multiple tasks from multiple customers
- Highly motivated, self-starter, proactive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in office technology – PowerPoint a must
- Ability to create effective administrative tasks from multiple customers.
- Eager and willing to learn new concepts, skills and ideas to improve job performance.
- Knowledge of Corning internal systems.
- Ability to create effective administrative processes from scratch.
- Creation and updating of shared drives.
- Accuracy of the information
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}