Sr. Administrative Assistant I
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Legal - 4104
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
AS business/secretarial school graduate or equivalent in industry experience
Under the direction of the Corporate Counsel, Litigation will provide general secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Litigation Team and the Corporate Counsel, Latin America. Some Paralegal training is a plus. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required. Must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Manage administrative systems to support department professionals including managing calendars, filing/records retention, databases, and other functions required.
2. Maintenance of litigation files and individual attorney files realted to correspondence, travel, expenses, legal licenses and applications and conferences. .
3. Assist in coordinating daily activities of attorneys and paralegals in the group,, managetravel plans, and related activities, including submission and reconciliation of expense reports.
4. Prepare presentation materials.
5. Telephone coverage as assigned.
6. Other duties related to the above within Celgene as a whole, as assigned.
* AS business/secretarial school graduate or equivalent in industry experience.
* 4 year college degree a plus
* Minimum 8 years’ secretarial experience; experience supporting management executives or legal department highly desirable.
* Strong PC experience; strong Microsoft Office suite experience required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required; shorthand advantageous.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.