Location: Newark, DE, USA
Yoh has a (6) month contract opportunity for a Staff Associate Investigator to join our client in Newark, DE.
- The job involves isolating microbial organisms from a range of external environments.
- Finding best culturing conditions for the isolated strains to drive to pure isolates.
- These isolates will be tested for their ability to degrade pesticides and the metabolic activity will be characterized.
- Those showing the appropriate biochemical activity will be classified phylogenetically using PCR approaches and genomic mapping.
- The strains showing the most effective means of degrading active molecules will be cultured in large volumes and the biochemical activity isolated and fractionated further to determine the source of the degradation.
- B.S. degree in biology or a related discipline - Experience in microbiology.
- Experience culturing microbial isolates.
- Experience in standard molecular biology techniques.
- Ability to work independently and learn new techniques.
- Good computer and laboratory skills.
- Demonstrated communication, organization, and documentation skills.
- Experience in working with and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Drug Screen and Criminal/Work History Background Check required before start.
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn more about our company.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.