* Assists the team to ensure timelines for the study and/or publication project are met.
* Work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize tasks to meet business needs.
* Adheres to appropriate guidelines, and SOPs.
* Work as the biostatistician on clinical research teams consisting of clinicians, scientists, and other clinical research functions such as data management in the design, conduct, and reporting of clinical studies and registries.
* Provide statistical input such as sample size computation for clinical study protocols
* Provide statistical input in the development of CRFs/eCRFs and dataset specifications
* Develop statistical analyses plans and programming plans
* Independently and/or under supervision develop SAS or other programs for generating data listings, tabulations, graphical summaries, and other statistical output
* Query clinical and commercial databases using SQL or other query tools to fulfill ad-hoc data requests by scientific team members as well as to generate analyses ready datasets.
* Must be able to perform quality assurance of own work and consistently produce accurate output.
* Create and maintain all the required documentation for biostatistics functional activities.
MS/MA degree in Statistics or Biostatistics
One year of work experience in clinical biostatistics/clinical SAS programming/bioinformatics for the Diagnostic/Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable but not required.
A combination of experience and education in statistics/biostatistics for 3 years is desirable.
Solid understanding and academic preparation in biostatistics and at least some coursework in bioinformatics work
* Independent thinker and curiosity to learn and train on new methods
* Excellent programming skills in either the SAS system or R are a must.
* Some understanding of relational database concepts is required; proficiency in SQL will be considered a solid plus.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Understands basic concepts of the scientific research process and experimental design.
* Proficient in computer skills in a MS Windows environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Carrying, Communicating, Analyzing, Coordinating
- See more at: http://hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=450283&jobtitle=Clinical%20Biostatistician