Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position:
- Manage the Drug Discovery portfolio in the Northeast region. Driving incremental sales target and defend business for Epic, Assay, Robotic Tip, and Gentest product lines.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Focus on uncovering and driving incremental sales in the Northeast region, by working with core teams, key account manager, and field applications specialist. Doing this by reporting back to manager on needs and managing opportunities in Salesforce.com.
Travel Requirements: 60% travel
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:40
Required Education: BS
Required Years and Area of Experience: 3-5 years experience
- Proven ability to sell complex technology platforms to the pharmaceutical and biotech markets
- Ability to effectively sell to a diverse customer base including teams of scientists, engineers, and other highly technical team members
- Credible and effective in working with customers, technology leaders, and senior managers.
- Ability to work effectively with external customers and collaborators
- Able to build consensus and gain support from other functional areas to achieve results
- Thorough understanding of drug discovery products and equipment, particularly in the area of automation and cellular analysis as applied to screening and profiling
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple customer projects concurrently
- Basic financial and business acumen
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Excellent team player, works effectively on cross-functional teams
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}