Inside Sales Prospecting Specialist (Next Generation Sequencing)
Are you a life science graduate who is looking to use their knowledge outside of a laboratory environment?
Are you interested in a career in sales, marketing or similar?
The role of Inside Sales Prospecting Specialist forms a key part of this function by providing direct research and lead-generation support to the Inside Sales Team. The role will focus on identifying new Illumina target customers through in-depth research on the internet and other sources. You will then be expected to make initial contact with potential leads to validate them and potentially set up a conversation with a member of the Inside Sales team.
This is an entry level sales position and does not require the ability to discuss customer applications or Illumina products/services in detail, nor advance the sales process past initial interest and engagement.
• Provides outbound prospecting and inbound qualification & routing support for Inside and Field Sales Representatives
• Identifying and researching target accounts, gathering contact information, making initial contact via e-mail and phone campaigns with the goal of:
o Performing high level qualification of new targets
o Generating initial interest and obtaining commitment from prospective customers to speak with an Illumina representative
• Provides Excel and CRM customer data entry and maintenance functions. Provides sales support functions for inside and field sales reps as needed. Meets team sales targets for number of ordering customer institutions per quarter.
• Assist with meeting team sales targets for number of ordering customer institutions per quarter.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in biosciences and/or a qualification in business-related subject
• Good internet research skills, ability to use search engines and source electronic information from the internet.
• Some experience in a sales or commercial environment would be strongly preferred
• Highly self-motivated, ambitious and goal oriented with a desire to further a career in Sales.
• Good analytical, organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills required.
This role would suit a life science graduate who is looking for their first move into commercial science. Great opportunity for people with career aspirations in the areas of inside sales, field sales, marketing etc in the Life Sciences industry.
Deadline: Monday, 27 May 2013