LEBANON, NH US
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
POSITION SUMMARY: Conducts research of organic or inorganic substances. Analyzes and tests new or existing materials to identify their properties and characteristics for the development or improvement of new or existing products. Studies the relationship between chemical and physical properties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze samples from incoming materials, quality control and/or customer returns to provide information on compounds or quantities of compounds present.
- Use analytical techniques and instrumentation such as spectroscopy (infrared and Raman) , Differential Scanning Calorimeter, and SEM –EDS.
- Interpret data with overview from a senior chemist.
- Adhere to strict guidelines on documentation when recording data.
- Report scientific results.
- Assist in developing new analytical techniques for the analysis of epoxies and ink jet inks.
- Assist in developing new analytical techniques for field issues or supplier issues.
- Review Standard Operating Processes and Procedures.
- Liaise with customers, internal engineers and suppliers.
- Understands and practices, health and safety issues in all aspects of the work undertaken.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has internal and some external contacts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with 0-2 years experience in a related field.
· Ability to use computer tools such as ADOBE, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the internet.
· Experience in general laboratory techniques.
· Experience with preparing/standardizing lab samples and test solutions
· FTIR, Raman spectroscopy, SEM/EDS, DSC, and/or GPC method development experience.
· Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Demonstrates ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish work with minimal supervision.
· Assist in developing and validating analytical test methods for quality control, product validation, and materials selection.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate and effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisor, management and peers.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Must be a self motivated starter with the ability to work in a team structured environment.
· Eager to work in a fast paced hands-on environment.
· Willingness to be mentored by senior chemists
- MS/PhD with 3+ years minimum related experience
- Calibrating and maintaining lab equipment experience
- Knowledge of troubleshooting instrument and/or method issues of equipment
- Statistical analysis
- Experience working with inkjet inks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal Laboratory Environment
· Other duties as may be assigned.
· Each employee’s primary objective is to assure that the quality, delivery and cost controls within his/her control meet or exceed all of our internal and external customers’ requirements.
· Each employee is required to abide by the Employee Handbook and the rules and regulations explained and provided at each orientation and training session. Special attention must be given to the safety aspects of these documents.
FUJIFILM Dimatix provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All candidates must apply online. To search for this position and other opportunities with FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc., please visit www.Dimatix.com/careers, where you can create a profile and submit your resume.
FUJIFILM Dimatix’s New Hampshire facility is ideally situated in Lebanon, N.H. Surrounded by picturesque towns and villages, Lebanon blends the charm of historic New England with the convenience of modern culture.
The Lebanon area is an outdoor paradise featuring top-notch skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling in the winter, and a vast selection of trails for hiking, biking, and other warm weather activities in the summer. Take a stroll through a historic covered bridges during the day, shop at one of our unique local shops, then eat at a world-class restaurant in the evening. Lebanon offers a variety of activities sure to please every member of the family.
Lebanon is a neighborhood full of diversity that prides itself in strong community ties. We are right next door to one of the nation’s top hospitals, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, and well as the renowned Dartmouth College. The Lebanon area offers a free local transportation system and is only a few hours drive to Boston, the Seacoast, or the scenic White Mountains Region.