Covance is hiring for an Analytical Chemist for it's Greenfield, IN location.
Essential Job Duties:
- Organizes and conducts routine analyses independently and in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records
- Independently able to use and perform basic troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks, while learning to perform routine and non-routine maintenance
- Provides input and participates in project meetings
- Performs peer review and QC review of data
- Performs assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively completes multiple assignments.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Understands data generated, and history of methods.
- Recognizes deviations from normal results and inform Study Director, Principal Investigator, and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of problems.
- Identifies problems, determines appropriate actions, and implements solutions with support or independently as appropriate.
- Able to adapt to new procedures or particular needs as directed.
- Able to identify critical steps in an assay.
- Leads process improvement initiatives.
- Completes all required training courses.
- Trains and assists less experienced staff
- May assist in optimizing and validating methods for a variety of matrices
- Participates in client visits or calls as needed
- Learns to write text for reports, methods and, or protocols
- Knowledge of departmental procedures and policies
- Viewed as a resource within their team
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (Laboratory experience may be substituted for degree)
Experience Minimum Required:
1.5 - 2 years
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
- Apply at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=472641&jobtitle=Analytical%20Chemist%20I