Job Code : 6823
Division : Parker Hannifin
Location : Spartanburg SC US 29302
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Skill : Engineering -> R & D
Category : Engineering
Job Description :
Parker Hannifin Corporation, TechSeal Division, is in immediate need of a Chemist. This position is responsible for developing rubber compounds for variety of markets and applications using analytical techniques as listed below.
· Tests and analyzes incoming experimental elastomeric compounds and/or products to determine strength, stability, purity, and additional characteristics to validate compliance to specifications. Records test results and looks for changes in performance trends. Must interpret results and communicate in written form.
· Provides technical support on compound and processing problems. Routinely troubleshoots raw material and compound problems.
· Provides material and/or testing recommendations to Marketing Department, Field Sales, and Customers. Coordinates with Marketing / Sales departments to provide requested samples and/or test data.
· Prepares and generates material / product certifications and compound reports for customers. Works with customers on regulatory requests (MSDS, REACH, etc.) and provides appropriate documentation on existing materials.
· Assists with third party certification testing and audits (UL, NSF, etc.) though sample preparation and documentation control.
· Utilizes analytical equipment such as FTIR and thermal analysis equipment (DSC, TGA) for material development and troubleshooting. Coordinates external testing when necessary.
· Identifies new technology and materials by working with suppliers, customers, and attending tradeshows and technical seminars. Plans and conducts experiments to test and prove research findings. Confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel related to new technology.
· B.A. or B.S. in Chemistry
· 1+ years of experience (rubber experience preferred)
· Ability to coordinate and manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously
· Proficient in use of PC application software used for data manipulation such as Excel and Minitab. Must also be proficient in Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 300 Company and a worldwide leader in the manufacture of motion and control and sealing solutions. We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, quarterly profit sharing plan, 401(k) plan with match, pension plan, as well as flexible medical, dental, and life insurance benefits