You've established a high level of technical acumen through first hand practical experience in the GC lab. Here's where you take it further. Join a dynamic market-leading group based in Wilmington, DE, involved in GC product definition, application and strategic marketing.
You'll interact with a team of Product Managers, Design Engineers and top Scientists engaged in defining and applying cutting-edge technologies and workflows in gas chromatography. Your technical expertise in GC, and experience in its use across a broad range of applications, will be critical to help define product user requirements. You will develop applications and demonstrate proof of performance, and provide critical feedback to product design and development efforts. As a result, you will be a key player in growing Agilent's product, technology and market leadership in GC.
In your role you will:
Develop applications and performance proof statements to support commercialization plans. Work with external groups to coordinate joint collaborations. Promote Agilent's technology leadership in the marketplace; establish yourself externally as a recognized GC domain expert. Contribute to technical conferences, customer seminars, workshops and webinars as needed to support marketing initiatives. Publish articles and application notes to demonstrate applicability and differentiation of Agilent products and workflows. Participate in industry organizations such as ASTM on Agilent's behalf.
Establish yourself internally as a GC domain expert, understanding customers' needs, as well as Agilent's and our competitor's ability to fill them. You will support our Product Managers as a technical expert by evaluating competitive products and technologies to feed new product development efforts, and to help guide effective competitive commercialization initiatives.
Contribute user requirements for selected technology/product development efforts. Evaluate technology opportunities for the product portfolio in the context of practical application, and an improvement in customer experience.
To succeed you will:
- Have a clear passion for GC and enjoy working with GC in the laboratory.
- Be able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of GC theory and application.
- Work well in a team environment, working towards the common goal to assure mutual success of your team
- Be comfortable not only with individual technical contribution but also with group participation in strategic business decision making and strategy development.
- Be able to manage conflicting demands and rapid change dictated by the dynamic market served.
- Have a track record of being proactive and willing to take on responsibility. Take reasonable risks to achieve uncommon results.
Educated to at least university degree level (PhD desirable) in Chemistry or a related science. At least 5 years of first-hand experience in the GC laboratory in one, or preferably more application areas or industries such as chemical and energy, food, environmental analysis, forensics or pharmaceutical. Direct industry experience a plus. Publications in trade or peer-reviewed journals on GC topics a real plus. A keen marketing sense and business acumen is critical and previous experience developing or commercializing GC products considered a real advantage.
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
- See more at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?p=p&jobsID=523673&jobtitle=GC%20Application%20Chemist&submission=2