Circa £25,000 plus annual holiday entitlement of 23 days a year plus Bank Holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance and a flexible benefits package.
Full time and permanent. Hours of work are 37.5 per week Monday – Friday.
Quotient is currently looking to recruit an Analytical Chemist who is enthusiastic and highly motivated, to work at their Cardiff facility in the Chemistry Quality Control Department.
The successful candidate will have practical experience and a sound basic theoretical understanding of a range of analytical techniques primarily liquid and gas chromatography. They will have a sound practical knowledge of ISO9000 and ideally experience of working to GMP and GLP regulations.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out analyses on a diverse range of chemical compounds, generate and provide first line interpretation of the resulting data and preferably be able to defend the interpretation to senior QC analysts and internal Clients. You will be expected to produce analytical reports compliant with Quotient QA systems. You will ensure that the instrumentation under your charge is maintained, operationally available, as far as is reasonably practicable at all times, and that there is an adequate supply of materials to meet QC operational requirements. You will have a can do attitude; always looking for ways to support the business outside of your immediate job specification.
• Degree in Chemistry, or relevant experience
• Experience and proven track record as a practising Analytical Chemist
• Experience of chromatographic techniques (UPLC, HPLC and GLC)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
• Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory work
• Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Proven ability to problem solve
• Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives
• Practical experience of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and mass spectrometry
• Experience of instrument validation (PQ) in line with regulatory compliance
• Willingness to perform detached duty at our Rushden site in Northamptonshire.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Opening For Analytical Chemist : Cardiff