Project Manager (Chemist/ Chemical Engineer)
A chemist or chemical engineer with a strong interest in research in automated systems is urgently required for a project manager post managing a range of projects involving miniature to bench-scale chemical reactors. These systems inevitably involve the control of anything required for the total automation of a chemical reaction.
Candidates will be required to manage a range of projects involving miniature to bench-scale chemical reactors, including supervision, testing and on site assembly (worldwide). You will need to liaise with clients, sales engineers and software/electronics specialists in order to get the system built, then personally undertake chemical and performance testing, and then after installation at the clients site.
• Monitoring project progress and updating senior staff accordingly
• Liaising with customers to ensure their needs are met
• Contacting suppliers to order specific components
• Designing and implementing experiments to test and demonstrate new product applications
• Showcasing and demonstrating equipment to visiting customers
• Producing and proof-reading scientific presentations and reports for senior colleagues
• Answering scientific queries from colleagues and customers
• Presenting development work at project management meetings
• Producing user-friendly operating manuals for new equipment
• Preparing materials for marketing purposes
You will need to be well organised, confident and a good communicator, willing to travel and capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Chemistry or Chemical Engineering graduates,
• Some experience in industry.
• Complete confidence in working with computers is essential
Salary dependent on experience within the range 21k-25k + benefits
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Fisher AF/016846, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on 020 7421 5200.
or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org .