DESCRIPTION: Performs Laboratory tasks for purposes of quality control, quality assurance, and technology transfer by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Routine analytical testing of samples supporting incoming raw materials, in-process production, finished product, and validation. Use analytical instrumentation such as FTIR, HPLC, GC, AA, UV/VIS, KF, and Polarimeter
• Performs instrument/method troubleshooting within analytical method parameters and management guidance
• Maintain the data archives and samples
• Logging and tracking of samples
• Documents/reviews laboratory work using laboratory notebooks/worksheets that is detailed, timely and in compliance with GLP/cGMP requirements.
• Write, review, and update standard operating procedures
• Possess the ability to identify analyze, and work towards correcting potential hazards
• Maintains strictest standards of hygiene in laboratory area
• Participates in QA functions of the QCU including document review, label approval, room and equipment log review, room cleaning approvals, and other quality functions as assigned by the Director of AS Quality Systems
• Participates in technology transfer of new products from R&D or OEM
• Participates in efforts to control costs
• Follows safety procedures and company policies
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must know how to trouble-shoot problems and must be able to work independently to complete projects and reports. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- See more at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?p=p&jobsID=510272&jobtitle=Quality%20Control%20Chemist&submission=1