Awarded the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Award as one of the fastest growing companies in North America in 2010! Awarded by Deloitte Touche, Lannett is the fast-forward leader in the manufacture of generic pharmaceuticals as well as being a one-stop, blend to bottle manufacturer. We are seeking a highly talented and self- motivated professional to join our team as a Research and Development Chemist.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to, the following list)
• Evaluate, develop and validate test procedures with input as needed from a supervisor or more senior chemist.
• Perform routine and non-routine physical and chemical tests and assays on raw materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients, in-process and finished products, using various wet chemical, physical and instrumental techniques.
• Independently plan and execute testing to meet established deadlines. May assist in delegating testing to meet deadlines. Perform more complicated tests independently.
• Perform peer review of data and results as assigned.
• Perform troubleshooting and investigations.
• Thorough knowledge of common laboratory test procedures and instrumentation, especially HPLC; USP/NF methodology; relevant regulatory requirements. Good knowledge of non-routine tests and scientific concepts.
• Strong knowledge of method development and validation.
• Ability to read and interpret test procedures, manuals, technical documents or instructions in mathematical or diagram form, SOPs and governmental regulations. Ability to summarize and explain such documents to more junior and senior staff.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, and statistics to practical situations.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations used for assigned testing and to assist more junior staff in performing calculations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to report data and observations accurately, both in writing and verbally.
Educational Requirements and/or Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience; for example bachelor’s degree plus 4-8 years relevant experience. Master’s degree desirable.
Submit your salary requirements. We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, vision, dental, and prescription, immediate eligibility in the 401(k) plan with generous company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement. Individual contributors only - no recruiters. Lannett Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Located in Northeast Philadelphia - local candidates only as no relocation assistance is provided. Must submit to and pass a company paid background check and pre-employment drug test.
To apply, please follow the link below: