This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Chemistries and Supplies Division at Agilent Technologies. Agilent is a leading provider of chromatographic solutions for customers in the Food, Environmental, Forensics and Pharmaceutical industries. Agilent provides scientists worldwide with a range of instruments, systems, consumables, supplies and services.
We are looking for a highly trained applications scientist to support Agilent?s growth in Sample Preparation. As part of the Sample Preparation Business Team, you?ll work with our R&D, Marketing, and worldwide field sales teams to identify, develop and effectively communicate Agilent?s Sample Preparation applications and solutions.
Your principle responsibilities will include:
- Play an active role in defining product strategy, new product development, and growth of the existing product portfolio. Application Chemists ensure a high level of focus is maintained in technical development and product promotion in order to grow at above-average growth rates.
- Support existing product growth through the generation of application proof that support the strategic marketing advantages of the product
- Define application and data to align products and markets that satisfy customer needs. Coordinate and execute experimental (laboratory) work to support new product introduction or new application development.
- Maintains an in-depth awareness of new developments in one or more areas of expertise, including participation in external trade associations. Interact directly with the Product Managers, R&D, Sales Development and Outbound Marketing to develop customer focused collateral (papers, brochures, seminars, etc.) that achieve customer requirements.
- Develop a strong, working relationship with global technology teams. Participate in industry events and maintain technical relationships with specific customers. Communicate market needs, trends and drivers to the rest of the organization.
- Advanced Degree in Chemistry (demonstrated by 8+ years working experience in analytical chromatography and Sample Preparation knowledge)
- Demonstrated expertise in operating chromatographic systems, such as GC/MS/MS and/or LC/MS/MS, and using a variety or sample prep techniques including SPE (ion exchange, reverse phase, hydrophobic interaction and affinity) and broader techniques such as filtration and QuEChERS.
- Proven track record of self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel worldwide as required up to 30% of the time
- Industry experience in Clinical Toxicology, Forensic, Pharma/BioPharma, Food and/or Environmental markets is critical to this role.
The location for this position is: WILMINGTON, DE
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
- Apply at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?p=p&jobsID=510919&jobtitle=Sample%20Preparation%20Applications%20Chemist%20&submission=2