Senior Research Chemist - Polymers
Our company is seeking a Senior Polymer Research Chemist to participate in the research & development of emerging technologies at Northern Technologies International Corporation. This high visibility researcher, reporting to the V.P. Zerust Industrial Product Development, will use their knowledge of polymers, volatile corrosion inhibitors ("VCI") technologies and resins to develop new products. The Research Chemist will have the opportunity to work on and impact challenge of significant importance to the business. He/she will have close interaction with a variety of technical colleagues as well as marketing, sales and production groups within the organization.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Formulation of new products from concept to launch
- Sourcing raw materials and maintaining and building strong relationships with suppliers
- Liaise with external testing laboratories
- Develop trial formulations
- Facilitate scale up from laboratory samples to pilot trials
- Provide advice and formulation development support to Production Coordinator
To be successful in this role, it is essential you meet the following criteria. You will:
- Possess a MSc or PhD qualification in Polymer Chemistry or Formulation Science, plus have a minimum of 5-10 years practical, industrial experience in design and manufacturing of polymers
- Have a strong understanding of packaging technology and be experienced in rust prevention
- Have a mastery of physical, electro and organic chemistry
- Be familiar with the latest analytical/lab equipment and test methodologies
- Have the ability to work in a team orientated environment as well as autonomously
- Be self-motivated
- Have a logical approach to problem solving
- Be able to complete tasks to timeframe and budget
Furthermore, you will be well organized with a strong attention to detail as well as have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Flexibility and creativity are a must. If you are keen to play a critical role in the success of a business and you meet the above criteria, you need not search any further.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume (in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) via email to: email@example.com
No relocation packages available for this position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and pre-employment drug screen. NTIC is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Company:
Northern Technologies International Corporation ("NTIC") is in the business of developing and using environmentally beneficial material sciences to bring value added products and services to its customers. NTIC's main product line is the Zerust® / Excor® line of environmentally friendly corrosion inhibiting products and services utilized in industries such as automotive, transportation, electronics, metal processing, agricultural machinery, and oil & gas. In addition, NTIC has diversified to offer Natur-Tec® - biobased/biodegradable plastic products, and Polymer Energy™ - plastic waste to oil conversion technologies. Find out more at www.ntic.com.