Clinical Application Specialist
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for you to focus on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
Successful and career-focused, you will join an innovative team, working with high profile, cutting-edge technology (Ion Torrent) within the industry sector.
The main objective of this Clinical Diagnostics role will be to develop our business and relationships by:
• Supporting on assay development to the Clinical market on the installation and operation of the LifeTech product portfolio (mainly NGS).
• Promoting clinical solution to existing customers.
• Managing relationships with key Life collaborating partners
• Taking responsibility for maximising customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives.
• Building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers. (Longer sales cycle).
• Review and assist customers with their protocols to automate their assays on LifeTech instrumentation at in-house facilities and at customer sites.
• Design and conduct experiments to assist in customer evaluations of LifeTech products.
• Promote new products (clinical solution) on customer sites.
• Work in collaboration with the Clinical Account Manager to set up best strategy on customer site.
• Build relationship with customers.
• Maintain and develop the CRM database, provide regular sales reports and forecasts.
• Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis.
• Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets whilst investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically.
• Manage and maintain key relationships with collaborating partners.
Skills and Experience
• Proven track record as an application specialist in clinical market is mandatory (NGS experience essential).
• Experience in molecular biology application is mandatory (Bioinformatic experience is desirable).
• Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge is desirable.
• Proven track record in interaction with customers, involving capital sales and applications support within the clinical markets.
• Commercial acumen and the ability to promote a technical solution as a value for money exercise.
• Computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing.
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
• Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology preferred.
• Clear understanding of the Diagnostic markets, together with a proven track record of working with diagnostics solution based products in those markets.
• Good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors.
• Ability to sell in a consultative manner, such that customer need is discovered and addressed in an individualised clinical and data driven manner.
• Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process.
• Familiarity with clinical and economic outcome data, reimbursement, and managed care policies and procedures.
Deadline: Wednesday, 3 July 2013