Clinical Research Associate / Senior Nurse CRF : Galway, Ireland
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full time fixed term position as Clinical Research Associate / Senior Nurse within the Clinical Research Facility at the National University of Ireland, Galway. This position is funded by SFI and is available from April 1st to contract end date of March 1 2016
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team who engage with researchers and clinicians to support early phase Haematology clinical trials within the CRFG.
The Research Associate will work under the direction of the Director of the Clinical Research Facility and the Principal Investigator in conducting clinical research activities to ensure the smooth operation of early phase haematology clinical trials whilst ensuring high quality clinical research is conducted in line with research regulation and international research standards.
Within the remit of this post, the successful individual will have responsibility for a caseload of patients on early phase clinical trials. The individual will be expected to lead under direction of CRFG on areas such as individual research projects, engage in nurse led research, audit and education, contribute to papers that arise from the studies undertaken, and attend relevant national and international meetings. The Research Nurse will support the on-going development of early phase research within the CRFG.
Candidates are required:
• To be registered or be eligible to register in the General Division of the register kept by An Bord Altranais
• To have at least 5 years post registration experience and evidence to support recent experience in research activities
• Have experience working in clinical research specifically with clinical trials
• Working knowledge of Clinical Trial legislation.
• To have the clinical, managerial and administrative experience to properly discharge the functions of the role.
• To have a Masters degree in a discipline relevant to Clinical Research
• Candidates must demonstrate in-depth Research Knowledge and Experience of the Research process and regulation requirements for clinical research
• Candidates must demonstrate a working knowledge of Information Technology and data base management including Electronic Case Report Form (eCRF) usage
• Candidates must provide evidence of undertaking or participation in research projects
• Previous experience working on clinical trials.
• Qualification in Haematology
Key competencies include
• Planning and Organising
• Patient/Customer Focus
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Evidence of computer skills including, word, excel, PowerPoint, email, the internet as a research tool, the use of audit tools and familiarity with the integrated Clinical Information Systems utilised by various Departments in the hospital
• An understanding of good clinical practice
Salary: €42,394 – €46, 255 per annum (public sector pay policy rules pertaining to new entrants will apply)
Start date: Position is available from 1st April 2015.
Further information on research and working at NUI Galway is available on Research at NUI Galway
For information on moving to Ireland please see www.euraxess.ie
Further information about Clinical Research Facility is available at www.crf.ie
Informal enquiries concerning the post may be made to Professor Michael O Dwyer
Applications to include a covering letter, CV, and the contact details of three referees should be sent, via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put reference number NUIG-028-15 in subject line of e-mail application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm on Tuesday 10th March 2015.
National University of Ireland, Galway is an equal opportunities employer.