Allergan is a global, technology-driven multi-specialty health care company pursuing therapeutic advances to help patients live life to their fullest potential. In making this commitment, we work to develop an unparalleled level of insight into patients' wants and needs - and into the priorities and concerns of the medical specialists who treat them. To this end, we employ more than 50 percent of our work force in either research and development (R&D) or sales, ensuring our efforts are focused on innovation and our customers.
Leads, directs and coordinates team activities (development and/or clinical) to ensure completion of the clinical development of projects of major importance to the corporation's long term future that are difficult and complex in nature and require the expert application of advanced knowledge in a broad area of science/technology. Participates in department management team to ensure clinical projects are adequately resourced to meet corporate and/or development project milestones. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the department and project teams. Represents Allergan Research and Development in outside discussions and technical forums. Serves as team leader and/or as the clinical representative to a global development team.
* PhD/PharmD/MD/OD/DO/MBA with 8 years pharmaceutical industry or clinical medicine experience, minimum two years of clinical research/development experience
* Thorough understanding of Good Clinical Practices, clinical trials monitoring, regulatory compliance and statistical reporting
* Knowledge of scientific methods, research design, and medical practices and procedures that would be acquired through experience with human medical research studies
* Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills necessary to meet the needs of various audiences
* Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with both outside physicians/scientists, and numerous in-house support groups
* Financial management skills as applicable to individual study and global project expenditures
* Proactive and critical evaluation of varied and multiple aspects of development implementation to ensure accountability at multiple levels
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Strong team leadership experience and motivational skills
* Ability to problem solve independently and with others
* Advanced computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, Powerpoint)
* Effectively work independently as well as with others
* Willing and able to travel
- See more at: http://hirelifescience.com/seeker_jobs.aspx?jobsID=456195&jobtitle=Director,%20Clinical%20Development-%20Anterior%20Segment