Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Provide Microscopy and imaging services for Quality, Engineering and Development needs.
- Provide analytical information to departments by participation in teams and individual consultation.
- Provide harmonization/standardization on techniques world wide
- Perform sample preparation of development samples for Microscope analysis, using established laboratory practices.
- Perform data handling and image processing
- Provide analytical support for Quality and Engineering troubleshooting efforts in a timely manner.
- Provide routine status updates focusing on general observations, low level analysis and interpretation of results using well defined department formats to customers, engineers and managers.
- Adhere to documentation / bulletin boards/ databases to prioritize samples workload to meet customer requirements and maintain a smooth sample throughput.
- Provide optical microphotography microscopy analyses on selected samples.
- Serve as analyst for cane-imaging requirements, coating surface - defect analyses & FTIR skills
- Maintain consistent knowledge of the customer identity and changing analytical requirements.
- Provide training support within laboratory and globally as needed.
- Audit appropriate related documentation.
- Participate in calibration, preliminary operations and debugging of equipment.
- Future sample preparation of samples for SEM analysis, using established laboratory practices after proper training.
- Perform data handling and image processing.
- Prepare monthly metrics reporting on global basis
- Prepare division level trend tracking on an as needed basis
- Prepare division level documentation as needed basis
Travel Requirements: ~25+%
- Willingness to do state and global travel as necessary
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Monday - Friday
Required Education: Lab Technician or 2 yr. degree in metallurgy or material science
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5 years of SEM/microscopy experience
EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE USED:
- Personal Computer and software, Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Use of Optical microscopes, & stereo microscope
- Compound microscope, image processing software, various sample preparation tools
- Polishing bench, FTIR, and potentially ICP-MS.
- Fine motor skills/dexterity
- Quick learner
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}