Scope of Position:
- Support assigned product lines including research & development, qualification and commercialization of new and existing products.
- Participate in product development to ensure product attributes, compatibility with existing products and field practices, customer requirements, and industry standards are adequately addressed.
- Requirements include, but are not limited to:
o Development team participation
o Business team participation
o Evaluation plan development and execution
o Field trial development and execution
- Liaison with PLM, product development and commercial groups to resolve systemic field issues for existing products.
- Maintain contact with key customers, suppliers or other third-party organizations (e.g., test facilities, competitors, etc.).
- Author internal and external technical documents to support product development and commercial initiatives.
- Author external commercial documents to support product development and commercial initiatives.
- Conduct internal training as required for new and existing products.
Role Within Group:
Function as product technical expert to commercial groups. Convey Voice of Customer to technical groups. Offer other expert assistance to project teams consistent with own experience (liaison with manufacturing facilities, statistical analysis, and product commercialization are common examples).
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support Assigned Product Lines
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise on optical fiber, hardware, connectivity, and cable products.
- Respond to internal/external customer inquiries about optical products.
- Manage project requirements for technical support based on suspense dates and potential impact to Corning Optical Communications commercial and technical objectives.
- Support departmental objectives.
- Participate on field project teams as required, typically in support of product development activities.
Travel Requirements: up to 25%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40hrs
- BS in Engineering with two or more years of professional experience
- Completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (EIT) or PE a plus
- Ability to plan and track project deliverables from high level guidance.
- Ability to meet deadlines and while managing competing time and resource requirements.
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical and commercial data from multiple sources and to consolidate these into a comprehensive technical position.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and project management skills.
- Proficiency with current desktop computer software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint.
- 100% proficiency in English, written and verbal (a writing sample will be required prior to interview).
- Experience in optical assembly or hardware
- Proficiency in Spanish (verbal most important, written a plus)
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and problem solving (Performance Excellence, 6 sigma, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical subjects to non-technical people.
- Comfortable working with all organizational levels. Interaction is common with plant hourly, plant management, technical/professional, and executive leadership personnel.
- Confident dealing with external customers.
- Engaging personality with the ability to drive change.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}