Scope of Position:
Design and development of customer applications for microwave product line
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers to design microwave solutions to complex problems
- Design/draft prototype drawings from customer information
- Develop technical solutions in collaboration with customer engineers to specify Corning Gilbert as a source
- Assist customers in troubleshooting applications issues
Travel Requirements: Some travel to customer locations
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Regular sales engineer/office hours – occasional extended hours may be required
Role within group:
- Acts as the front line subject matter expert for microwave products for customer facing opportunities.
- Interacts with commercial sales, PLM, and /or customers to translate customer needs into high level design requirements.
- In the event that new designs are required, this individual helps to integrate these design requirements from high level requirements to detailed requirements for manufacturability.
- Close interaction with internal Technology and Manufacturing teams to coordinate part design reviews to ensure design guidelines and design for manufacturability are met.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a technical engineering role
- Technical knowledge of microwave connector design
- Technical sales
- Technical design and drawing from customer idea to proto type – AutoCAD or equivalent
- Customer service
- Mechanical and microwave theory
- Customer Service Orientation – highly responsive
- Collaborative work style
- Ability to get detailed product information from a variety of sources
- Self-starter with ability to deliver results
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}