Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
To know more about Corning Environmental Technologies, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/environmental_technologies.aspx
Scope of Position:
To provide design and drafting expertise to various areas of the plant in support of daily operations and continuous improvement and cost reductions projects. Apply technical design, knowledge, and practices to effectively accomplish technical drawing and assignments. Support projects to fulfill department goals and objectives in direct support of manufacturing and operations of CELCOR products.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Control all plant drawings and coordinate all drawing activities
• Work directly with engineering and maintenance in troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and electrical equipment issues.
• Interface with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to develop and design equipment for a manufacturing environment.
• Ensure all documentation for projects are completed such as Drawings, Spare Parts, Procedures, PM's, and Calibration.
• Work directly with vendors and suppliers to identify replacement/new technology for equipment.
• Work directly with outside contractors to ensure drawings are formatted correctly at the completion of a project.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40+, some weekend duty, 6 to 7 times / year, support 24/7 manufacturing operation
Required Education: 2 year Technical degree
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5 years or more
• Proficient with Solid Works and AutoCAD design software as well as Excel
• Strong design/problem solving skills
• Ability to read and interpret drawings
• Ability to create full drawing packages and update detail drawings with GD&T for projects and manufacturing
• Working knowledge and hands-on experience of mechanical and electrical systems
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
• Self-motivated and self-starter: results oriented, can work independently, and high commitment/energy
• Technical curiosity that will enable unique design solutions to the problem
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload with good planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of extrusion technologies
• Manufacturing work experience
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to work with people across the organization to implement solutions
• Strong written and verbal communications skills