Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
- Provide engineering & project leadership in a corporate engineering group that supports all business sectors within Corning Incorporated.
- Apply fundamental engineering principles to develop & resolve solutions to a variety of technical problems related to civil and structural engineering.
- Develop criteria and specifications for facilities and equipment unique to the process design, building & safety codes.
- Develop and review capital & expense design, equipment & installation project costs.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Participate in project teams as an individual contributor or area project leader.
- Deliver strong project leadership skills through project initiation, planning, implementation and closeout.
- Drive to understand and clearly define the customers’ requirements.
- Exercise sound judgment, solid engineering principles and utilize structured problem solving skills.
- Manage & lead internal Corning personnel as well as external contractors to complete the project deliverables.
- Effectively listen and communicate utilizing multiple means and channels of information.
Travel Requirements: 30-50% depending on project assignment. International travel and/or long term assignments possible.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Flexibility is required.
- Normal Business Hours (8 – 5, M – F): however, expected to work hours required to achieve objectives. Includes overtime, weekend and off-shift hours.
- BS degree in Civil, Structural Engineering, or equivalent.
- MS or MBA preferred.
- Professional Engineering registration or PMI certification desired.
Required Years and Area of Experience: 2-4 years overall work experience and 1 year in the engineering field
- Solid academic & technical background.
- Able to apply engineering principles to solve problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Driven, motivated and self-challenging.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Problem solving skills and the use of structure methods; such as, K-T (DA, PPA, RA), DESGN & DMAIC.
- Results oriented; Strives for excellence.
- Commitment and strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Open and approachable.
- Strong listening & communication skills.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}