Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of Position:
• Serve as member of division Marketing Communications Team
• Coordinate marketing communications programs and projects in support of Specialty Materials, Gorilla Glass and Advance Optics, worldwide business strategies and markets, with specific focus on Social Media, Analytics and Business Operations.
• Individual is expected to interface regularly with the regional stakeholders and communications group to co-manage major elements of the business marketing communications plans and may have corporate liaison and vendor management responsibilities.
• Develop, execute and monitor program planning tools, processes and guidelines to ensure the consistency of business messaging and visual approach worldwide.
• Daily monitoring and tracking, report development and implementation, program strategy and tactics of division Social Media program
• Key liaison to Corporate and the social media council
• Responsible for social media management and reporting tool development
• New social media channel development and strategy
• Support Gorilla Glass brand strategy
• Support business social media data needs
• Media relations and event support
• Consumer survey development, implementation, vendor management, and analysis
• Support website content development and maintenance
• Manage social media tools
• Publish social media reports
• Content development and vendor coordination for Gorilla Glass social media properties
• Develop social media contests and manage third party rules vendors
• Coordinate web content development and posting
• Assist with press releases / presentation scripts/ speaker preparation
• Community relations
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong capabilities with data and analytics
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing, with minimum 3 years of related work experience
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled