Scope of Position:
Serve as an electrical controls resource for process improvement, cost reduction and capital expansion projects. Manage electrical and controls scope of assigned projects. Lead/participate in project teams and support daily manufacturing operations by providing technical support to plant’s various control systems.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide electrical and controls engineering and equipment technical expertise in fiber optic cable manufacturing in support of production, maintenance, continuous improvement, cost reduction, and productivity improvement.
- Internal subject matter expert in control systems (PLC, HMI, Drives etc.,), system integration, sensors and electro-mechanical devices.
- Provide technical support when maintenance requirements exceed electrical associate capabilities.
- Develop fundamental understanding of critical process and technical requirements, identify areas of technical risk in assigned projects, conduct prototype / feasibility testing to verify concept, and define and document system design specifications.
- Develop control architectures, control functional specification, and system integration requirements that will satisfy process and manufacturing requirements.
- Actively participate / direct all phases of the project including design, fabrication, off-line integration and testing, installation, production start-up support, training of plant personnel and technology transfer.
- Recommend and implement long term solutions to recurring equipment performance issues. Provide inputs to capital and facilities plans for equipment upgrade or maintenance cycles.
- Be responsible for the plant controls strategy and establishing and maintaining the plant standards.
- Support process projects and data system projects by interfacing with operators and production team leaders to monitor and correct process fluctuations and equipment issues
- Conduct equipment qualifications and initial training of new personnel
- Owner of OSI PI configuration, implementation and MES.
- Support plant initiatives, and Operations on OEE, SPC, SQC and ISO
- Provide timely and efficient engineering support to meet or exceed the requirements of internal and external customers.
- Individual must be capable of executing project assignments, in a team based environment, with minimal supervision
Travel Requirements: Less than 10 percent
Hours of work: Typically 8AM-5PM M-F, but some off hours support may be required to support 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in programming PLC (AB RSLogix, Controllogix, Siemens S7 and G&L)
- Able to design, configure, and implement HMI programming
- Ability to program in ladder logic
- Strong fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, control systems integration, controls architectures, PLC’s, electro-mechanical drive systems, vision system, risk assessment and safety systems
- Understanding and updating electrical schematics and prints will be a required capability for projects that support plant systems
- Experience with the implementation and functions of PID Controls and control loop tuning
- Experienced in the checkout and verification of electrical control panels
- Well versed in the rules and regulation relating to implementation and best practices in electrical system design and implementation
- Knowledge of cable manufacturing process and equipment
- Manufacturing experience and ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- Machine vision system experience
- Knowledge of MES systems, VB.NET and PI is a plus
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Energetic, effective under pressure, and can respond positively to criticism
- Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level
- Sound problem solving and decision making processes and skills
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}