Position: Controls Systems Engineer / Advanced Process Controls
· This is an entry level, individual contributor position that requires strong technical curiosity, strong desires for technical leadership opportunities, the ability to learn from others and the willingness to share learning experiences
· Design, develop and apply mid to later stage advanced process controls solutions for Manufacturing processes, concentration on controls design and application.
· Develop and apply process controls skills and solutions to controls solutions ranging from PID to non-linear controls, optimal control, and other classic and non-classic controls schemes
· Develop and apply process data analysis skills used to fundamentally understand manufacturing processes
· Short Term – Work from a corporate engineering organization, learning best practices in a structured program and applying them across many businesses within Corning Incorporated
· Mid Term – Transition to dedicated business as skilled process controls engineer
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Work closely with experienced professionals to design, develop and implement mid to late stage process measurements and controls solutions for manufacturing processes
· Develop experiments (DOE) designed to create process data for analysis and process understanding.
· When required, provide field support for installing/checkout of controls equipment
· Work with vendors and off site design houses, requiring equipment functionality verification, and vendor interaction
· Develop design documentation based on design standards
· Technology/Knowledge transfer from R&D and corporate engineering group to world wide plants
· Develop deep process and equipment understanding
· 25-50% travel domestic and internationally- Some assignments can be 2-4 weeks in duration.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
· Typical 8-5, M-F Peak project activity will require additional support.
· Masters in EE, ME, ChemE with a concentration in advanced or modern controls.
Required Years and Area of Experience: (minimum required for consideration):
· 0 – 2 years experience concentrating on controls, system development, system integration, software and PLC’s. MS Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with controls concentration preferred.
· BSEE, MSEE or ChemE minimum with 0 – 2 years experience concentrating on controls, system development, system integration, software and PLC’s. MS Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with controls concentration preferred.
· Educational or work experience with team oriented projects.
· Excellent problem solving skills with hands-on approach.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks as necessary.
· Strong technical curiosity.
· Demonstrated excellence in engineering courses
· Ability to interface with counterparts in research, development and engineering to facilitate the transfer of technology into early and late stage manufacturing.
· Understanding of manufacturing and the skills required to introduce process controls and measurements technology into manufacturing
· Strong problem solving skills and methodologies.
· Strong communication skills.
· Customer oriented approach to design and problem solving activities.
· Strong Analytical Skills – (Information system / analysis).
· Strong People Skills – Ability to quickly build and maintain positive working relationships.
· Strong Multi tasking skill.
· Positive/Can-do attitude.
· Flexible and willing to travel.
· Developing leadership skills.
Apply Online at: www.corning.com
Reference Number: 170898
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Controls Systems Engineer / Advanced Process Controls