Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
At Corning, we are proud of our 30-year history, rich in fiber optic innovation. Our ability to turn creative ideas into practical solutions and useful technologies continues to propel innovations in the field of fiber optics. Corning’s renowned optical fiber is used worldwide in numerous applications such as premises, FTTx, access, metropolitan, long-haul and submarine.
Corning’s position as the industry leader in fiber optics comes from its relentless dedication to revolutionizing product and system innovations. From the invention of low-loss optical fiber to the creation of the world’s first Center for Fiber Optic Testing, Corning’s storied tradition of innovation and product improvement remains constant.
To know more about Corning Optical Fiber, visit us at : http://www.corning.com/products_services/telecomunications/index.aspx
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Update and refresh Optical Fiber technical papers and Application Notes.
- Review legacy paper documents and determine which ones to scan and save electronically or discard to maintain records management compliance (DARM).
- Create and publish various technical data and fiber attribute distribution reports, and customer sales reports.
Projects involved with:
- Customer Presentation Tool (on SharePoint) – update and add optical fiber technical reports.
- DARM compliance – both paper and electronic files for worldwide Applications Engineering.
- Colored & Ring-Marked Fiber – technical support, forecast analysis, and sales development.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday – a flexible schedule is possible.
- Up to 20% in the USA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Good written and verbal communications skills – including public speaking.
- Ability to quickly build knowledge of optical fiber products and technical issues.
- Technical understanding of optical fiber and telecommunications systems.
- Statistical analysis and data reporting.
- Quick and eager to learn.
- Self-starter – seeks opportunities to contribute and add value.
- Attention to detail and results oriented.
- Comfortable working with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Education: Pursuing B.S. in Engineering Discipline, Physics or Optics
- Not required
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;