Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Purpose of Position:
Manage the plant's Environmental, Health, and Safety activities through the Plant's Systems to ensure the accomplishment of the regulations and standards of Federal and State regulations and Corning Incorporated. Promote the safety culture in the plant and the commitment to be a green facility. Responsible for supervising the daily operations of Medical Department, Security Guards and CCTV system. Provide training and maintain adequate records for the department, including revising procedures as necessary to meet ISO 14001 system regulations.
- Compliance of the regulations and corporate standards in Safety and Environmental.
- Have in place safety programs to avoid injuries and illness.
- Attend audits by Government and Corporate Safety and Health Department, responsible for the closure of non conformities (Safety Corning Assessment and Corning Environmental Audit)
- Coordinate Medical Department focus on safety related.
- Coordinate Annual Vaccination Campaigns.
- Responsible for the Health Week Annual Event.
- Responsible for the Nutrition Program and PrevenIMSS.
- Coordinate and actively involve for the Monthly Safety & Environmental Inspection and the follow up of the action plan of the non conformities.
- Responsible for the creation of safety groups such as Committee of Safety and Health, Fire Brigade, First Aid Brigade and Rescue Brigade
- Elaboration of the different type of Drills.
- Train new employees in Safety Induction Course and train contractors in safety induction course.
- Responsible for the Contractors / Supplier Safety program.
- Responsible for the incident investigation to find the root cause and elaboration of the corrective and preventive actions.
- Make the safety alerts for incidents and SFI Cases.
- Responsible for the monthly safety reports in STARS.
- Responsible for putting in place the Safety Corporate Program such as the challenge of 10,000 steps.
- Create and follow up of the safety annual plan required by corporate.
- Review the management of change for new equipment, process, etc.
- Train in FOSH to CLS employees and any Corning Facility that request it.
- Responsible for sustain the environmental certifications such as ISO 14001, Clean Industry (Federal Program) and Voluntary Regulation Compliance (State Program).
- Participate in the “Green” Projects of the plant.
- Responsible for the Monthly environmental report (Environmental Scorecard)
- Responsible for the update of environmental permits for new process, equipment, etc.
- Back up for the C-TPAT and NECC Certification.
- In charge of the security guards.
- Responsible for the follow up of security procedures in the plant.
- Coordinate the correct function of the CCTV Camera System.
- Train new employees in the C-TPAT Induction Course.
- Create a security emergency internal plan for the different scenarios.
- Responsible for activation of the Security Emergency Plan and communicate to Security Coordinator in CCS.
- Safety (Recordable and LTA rates)
- Environmental Incidents
- Audit Results (By Corporate (Safety & Environmental)
- Monthly safety and environmental inspections
- Environmental achievement in regulations.
- Environmental audits
Required Education and Skill:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of three years experience
- Experience in EHS regulation.
- Solid knowledge and experience with ISO 14001 and Clean Industry.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and balance complex and routine work activities. Ability to prioritize and delegate. Must have strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability lead people, manage internal customer satisfaction and get results through others. Proven teambuilding skills. Ability to negotiate with and influence others
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both orally and in writing. Ability to operate independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities
- Must be proficient at reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
Desired Education and Skill:
- Safety Courses such as: LOTO, working at heights, confined spaces, rescue procedure, etc.
- 5 Why’s, Tap Root Analysis.
- Basic understanding of Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing systems
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt would be a plus
- Building Effective Teams
- Blends people into teams when needed
- Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team
- Shares wins and successes
- Fosters open dialogue
- Lets people finish and be responsible for their work
- Defines success in terms of the whole team
- Creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Genuinely cares about people
- Is concerned about their work and the plant difficulties.
- Is available and ready to help
- Is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate
- Demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others
- Conflict Management
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities
- Reads situations quickly
- Good at focused listening
- Directing Others
- Is good at establishing clear directions
- Sets stretch objectives
- Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results
- Is a clear communicator
- Practices attentive and active listening
- Has the patience to hear people out
- Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Decision Quality
- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Makes data driven decisions that balance data content with time
- Most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time
- Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Is very bottom line-oriented
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Sets clear objectives and measures
- Monitors process, progress and results
- Designs feedback loops into work
- Presentation Skills
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses
- Priority Setting
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important
- Eliminates roadblocks
- Creates focus
- Employee Relations
- Develops and maintains positive employee relations in union and unionfree operations
- Communicates openly and honestly with employees at all levels (which includes listening)
- Can identify, analyze, and resolve employee issues and grievances
- Is adept at negotiating agreements with employee representatives that effectively balance the needs of all parties where feasible
- Is fair and consistent in application of policies, procedures, and/or collective agreements
- Respects the role of employee representatives where applicable
- Abides by all applicable labor and employment laws and directives
- Safety, Health, Environmental (SHE) Compliance
- Designs, maintains and operates all facilities and equipment to prevent events that could have an adverse impact on people and the environment, cause significant property loss, or result in business interruption
- Understands the application of national and local safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations to plant operations
- Act with Integrity and Authenticity
- Models Corning Values and Code of Conduct
- Treats others with empathy, fairness and respect
- Does what they say they will do – follows through
- Confronts unethical actions
- Communicate and Engage
- Listens actively to promote understanding
- Communicates with honesty, clarity and directness
- Encourages different views, ensuring the views of various cultural backgrounds are represented
- Value Differences in People and Ideas
- Communicates support for diversity and inclusion
- Engages a wide range of ideas and perspectives
- Sets expectations and hold employees accountable to include diverse perspectives to solve problems and innovate
- Leverages diverse backgrounds/experiences
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}