Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Ensure complex manufacturing equipment and processes meet daily production requirements in terms of safety, quality and, reliability. Monitor process attributes on a daily basis, initiate and verify responses throughout the support chain. Participate in synchronization efforts by actively receiving new technology and processes. Seek out and implement cost reduction opportunities.
Essential Skills & Duties:
- Provide high quality electrical and process support for a fast-paced 24 x 7 manufacturing environment.
- Track daily production/quality metrics and plan reactionary measures as needed.
- Own performance of key attributes: develop and maintain tracking tools, report out on daily discrepancies, and manage long term performance.
- Experience with various electrical and machine control systems.
- Equipment and process troubleshooting skills.
- Work closely with support technicians to resolve equipment issues.
- Provide incremental training on new equipment or process changes as needed.
- Ensure all equipment and processes are safe to operate. Understanding of NEC and other pertinent safety codes.
- Ability to work across various functional groups on a daily basis to accomplish goals: Operations, IT, Facilities, Project Engineering, QE, etc.
Travel Requirements: Less than 5%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 8-10 hours/day; 40-50 hours/week. This position requires off-hours coverage on nights and weekends on a rotating basis with co-workers.
Required Education: B.S. Electrical Engineering with 2 or more year’s equipment/controls experience.
- Experience with PLC and I/O devices, motion control, various communication protocols, field wiring and disconnect devices.
- Knowledge of closed loop control systems and PID tuning.
- Sound understanding of AC/DC electrical theory, and practical application thereof.
- Experience with various electro-mechanical devices such as; servo motors, valves, and sensing devices.
- Ability to generate and interpret electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Self-starter able to exceed expectations with a minimal amount of Supervision.
- Highly motivated with a focus on customer satisfaction and results.
- Seeks to identify and correct potential safety or environmental issues before they occur.
- Good problem solving skills. Ability to reach fundamental understanding.
- Working knowledge of data analysis techniques using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Understanding of Six Sigma techniques.
- Strong written/verbal communication and overall people skills.
- Ability to participate on, or lead, project or process improvement teams.
- Knowledge of ANSI standards, NFPA and NEC applicable Electrical Codes.
- Grounding and shielding of electrical systems
- Ensure safety procedures, such as Lock-Out Tag-Out, are followed at all times.
- Understand regulations applicable to area of expertise and works to ensure compliance.
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}