SANTA CLARA, CA US
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, is the world's premier provider of piezoelectric ink jet printheads. Our products are designed to accurately dispense a wide range of fluid types in micro-amounts for demanding imaging and fabricating applications.
We seek an entry-level Electrical Engineer to join our Santa Clara, CA MEMS inkjet printhead manufacturing operations. This position will have responsibility to design, development, and sustain hardware used in our MEMS-based inkjet printheads.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Discrete digital, FPGA design.
- Analog Amplifier/Filter design.
- DC-DC Power Supply design.
- PCB board design and debugging.
- EMC Compliance Test.
- Complete effective design documentation.
- Use outstanding problem solving skills to solve the wide array of technical product problems.
- Communicate especially well and motivate others outside and inside the department to resolve problems and accomplish work through various company resources.
- Organize technical problem solving strategies clearly and present them effectively to all concerned parties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s preferred.
- Exposure and/or experience with one or more of the following items:
- Designing with microcontrollers and mixed-signal chips;
- Signal Integrity;
- Hardware development experience (e.g. debug, schematics, etc.);
- Schematic capture and simulation programs, such as OrCAD, PSPICE and ModelSim;
- Verilog HDL.
- Ability to write effective design documentation
- Excellent problem identification and solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, in order to effectively present information to peers, customers and management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of standard office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of C, C++ desired.
FUJIFILM Dimatix, Inc. provides competitive wages, a generous benefits package and a friendly, dynamic working environment.