Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
• Develops technical strategies and architectures for systems or enterprise-wide practice solutions.
• Develops and recommends solutions and strategies for technical problems based on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives, needs, and existing systems infrastructure.
• Participates in sales and proposal presentations in addition to ongoing team account activities.
• Often viewed as a consultant, may identify additional product/service opportunities.
• Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
• General application of concepts and principles.
• Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
• Works under very general supervision.
• Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
• Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
• Frequent internal company and external contacts.
• Represents organization on specific projects.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Receive order requests from Design group or Construction group, prepare Requests for quotes, create order requisitions
• Manage open orders with suppliers
• Manage supplier forecasts
• Provide leadership to Logistics Team
• Engage with Design Engineering and Procurement to understand new equipment needs and prepare for multiple project order opportunities
• Engage with Construction Team to understand project rebuild schedule and ensure that project purchase orders meet desired due date
• Engage with Project teams to manipulate open orders to satisfy all projects meet desired on-site dates
• Set up and run supplier meetings to discuss issues, open purchase orders, future capacity
Projects involved with:
• New Capital Material Requirements project- use PeopleSoft and Item ID’s to order capital equipment for rebuild projects
• C2C – Web-based shipping and tracking system used by PLG, PPG and CDT
Role within group:
• Individual contributor on projects, along with managing small projects
• Interface with design engineering, procurement and construction engineering groups
• Team leader for the logistics group
• Potential Overseas travel to Korea, Taiwan, China or Japan in support of rebuild: 1 or 2 times per year
• Travel to suppliers based mostly in Northeast: 2-3 times per year
• Bachelor Degree (technical or non-technical)
• Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Five years’ experience in procurement/material purchasing or supply chain
• Basic computer skills
• Desired Skills:
• PeopleSoft knowledge
• Inventory knowledge
• Excellent communication skills involving phone, email or meetings
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.