Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
• Under the supervision of an engineer, assist with projects in the area of optical fiber manufacturing or development (Glassmaking, Draw, Downstream fiber automation/processing, IT systems)
• Conduct testing / experimentation as needed.
• Under the supervision of an engineer, analyze process data and evaluate process capability.
• Work under the direction of an engineer to take performance data on new processes/findings and communicate effectively to department.
• Recommend new process modifications and procedural changes to improve process performance or development/understanding of new processes.
Hours of work / work schedule / flex-time:
• Basic work hours are 40hrs/week; 8am-5pm
Education and Experience:
• BS/MS ChemE, MSE, Ceramic Engr., MechE, EE/Controls, Physics, CompSci, CompE
• GPA of 3.2 or above
• Relevant experience a plus
• Familiarity with engineering process fundamentals and scientific methodology (i.e. designing and using critical experiments to drive fundamental understanding)
• Data/statistical analysis skills
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to build relationships, work in teams and interact with all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.