Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
- Manufacturing locations in United States such as expansions, process changes, business/regional acquisitions.
- Role Within Group: United States Environmental Contact
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Perform environmental assessments and provide guidance on mitigation activities that will identify, evaluate and prevent non-compliant conditions and acts.
- Guide the implementation and the sustainability of facility environmental management systems (ISO 14001 systems).
- Respond to new environmental information (i.e. government regulations, industry standards or corporate guidance) and support facilities impacted by changes.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of environmental regulations and provide interpretation to facilities as necessary.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret environmental statistical data.
- Work with facilities to set short (annual) and long term (3-5 year) goals for environmental improvements.
- Provide consultation regarding environmental education and training, support and guidance to facilities to maintain an environment consistent with company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Understand and communicate environmental permit requirements and data generated to prepare permits.
- Perform regulatory and corporate inspections and investigations (to include compliance audits and due diligence activities).
- Assist facilities with ensuring the determination of root cause and effective corrective actions in regard to environmental incidents and/or inspection findings.
- Support projects as requested and collaborate with company and consultant resources to leverage best work practices and to provide additional skill-level support.
- Complete annual greenhouse gas inventory for the corporation including third party verification.
- Estimate travel at 30% - 50% depending upon specific project assignment.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Normal Business Hours (8 – 5, M – F), however, expected to work hours required to achieve objectives including overtime, weekend, and off-shift hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Environmental Science, Chemical or Civil Engineering)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 5-10 years
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Certified Black Belt
- Work experience in manufacturing and/or environmental consulting
- Experience with risk and statistical analysis
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate with success across diverse communities (workforce, educational, regulatory, commercial, etc.)
- Understands and demonstrates the characteristics of an effective team member (reliability, trustworthy, active participation, etc.)
- Ability to motivate others toward a desired vision, drive change and long lasting enthusiasm
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}