Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
Participate in project teams as an individual contributor or task leader to understand the customers’ requirements, develop a scope of work, cost estimates and project plan. Implements the design, installation, start-up and de-bug
Position is in a corporate engineering group that responds to and supports all business sectors within Corning Incorporated
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provides a cost effective technical solution within the agreed upon time.
• Prepares, for his/her portion of the work a plan which includes:
o A scope - An engineering budget – An engineering schedule
o An equipment budget – A delivery and installation schedule*
• Track progress of project budget and schedule
• Notifies the Project Manager of variances from the plan.
• Participates in meetings and reviews as required.
• Helps identify long lead time (and specialized) equipment and preparing specifications, making inquiries, receiving and reviewing proposals, making procurement recommendations. Prepares purchase requisitions, expediting deliver, providing technical installation supervision, and mechanical and equipment debugging.
• Identifies and conforms to applicable codes.
• Prepares reports and applications and makes presentations to regulatory agencies as required.
• Prepares operating and maintenance documentation.
• Directs the technical activities of the consultants.
• Prepares and/or participates in requests for proposals from the consultant.
• Reviews shop drawings and vendor submittals for conformance with design.
• Integrates the engineering activity with other departments and the plant operations.
Travel Requirements: Estimate travel at 30% - 50% depending upon specific project assignment.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Normal Business Hours (8 – 5, M – F), however, expected to work hours required to achieve objectives including overtime, weekend, and off-shift hours.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Mechanical Chemical or Civil Engineering)
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5-10 years
• Knowledge of environmental facility design and construction for both air and water pollution control
• Certified Black Belt
• Work experience in manufacturing and/or environmental design
• Experience with risk and process hazard analysis
• Project management experience
• Ability to communicate with success across diverse communities (workforce, educational, regulatory, commercial, etc.)
• Understands and demonstrates the characteristics of an effective team member (reliability, trustworthy, active participation, etc.)
• Ability to motivate others toward a desired vision, drive change and long lasting enthusiasm
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply online at: