Industrial Chemicals Group
Domestic Travel Required:
% Domestic Travel:
Int'l Travel required:
% Int'l Travel:
Working from Home Office:
Works with Chemicals:
More information about this job:
Thank you for considering FMC in your career search! We know you have a choice in your employment and we’re thrilled that you are interested in this position.
At FMC, safety is always our top priority. Our Green River, Wyoming plant is the world’s largest trona mine and producer of natural soda ash. Our mining and processing facilities are prime examples of our use of innovative technologies to maintain quality and efficiency.
FMC strives to provide their employees with competitive salaries, signing bonuses & relocation packages for those who qualify, strong career development and advancement potential. Leadership is valued at FMC. Whether you want to rise to the management ranks, or grow upward in our technical ladder, we have a career track for you. We invite you to align your skills with the industry leader. FMC is an equal opportunity/drug-free, RCMS employer.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable
• Regulatory compliance oversight (air, water, waste,
• Regulatory notification, reporting, and permitting
• Environmental plan preparation, maintenance and
• Environmental sampling, testing, and data analysis
• Environmental and safety audits
•Educate employees on environmental compliance
requirements and provide guidance to production and
maintenance for resolution of environmental issues
• Interact with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies
• Prepare regulatory reports for air quality permits,
waterfowl permits, mining permits, UIC permits, TSCA,
RCRA and others as needed.
• Work with appropriate regulatory agencies to obtain
permits for the Westvaco and Granger facilities
• Review and approve chemical applications permits
• Design environmental data collection systems for
reporting and compliance monitoring
• Conduct ambient air, point source, groundwater, soil,
waste, and other sampling activities as needed.
• Obtain and maintain required and appropriate
certifications (e.g., opacity, asbestos, DOT, REM,
• Oversee Underground Injection Control activities (well
drilling, integrity testing, etc.)
• Monitor hazardous and non-hazardous waste generation rates and arrange hazardous waste shipments
• Participate in the waterfowl program
• Maintain environmental records
• Investigate and report environmental incidents, and
• recommend mitigation
• Participate in weekend duty rotation
• Provide support for capital projects
• Participate in Responsible Care and ISO 9000
management system activities
• Perform safety and environmental audits
B.S. in Engineering with environmental emphasis, or
B.S. in Environmental Management, or B.S. in
Engineering or Physical Sciences plus relevant
At least 5 years of experience in environmental engineering.