Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of Position
To provide the leadership to plan (scope), coordinate and control complex Facilities Process projects involving multiple disciplines for Optical Fiber and Cable manufacturing processes worldwide, improving our ability to understand and control these processes services and thereby meeting our manufacturing objectives. Specifically, dealing with safe and environmentally proper treatment and abatement of Industrial wastewater and other effluents (i.e. air) from the processes.
To solve state of the art manufacturing problems requiring sophisticated engineering approaches, computational procedures, and broad engineering and scientific knowledge. Position requires use of these skills and others to deliver the process services required by the process.
- Principal lead on one or more projects.
- Propose, plan (scope), and implement projects requiring engineering analysis and modeling.
o Define the scope, financial impact, key activities, and method of evaluation on projects.
o Monitors and controls the technical, cost, and time objectives of the projects.
o Re-allocates funds and personnel to meet project requirements.
- Initiate and implement major process improvement projects leading to improved understanding, significant cost reduction, or quality improvement.
- Develop staffing requirements for projects. Ensure coordination, interaction, and effect resource utilization of appropriate groups on projects.
- Direct the activities of other engineering personnel assigned to the projects.
- Provide technical leadership on one or more projects. Primary technical leadership on Facilities Process systems. Project management will be required on a wide variety of projects and not restricted to only Facilities Process related systems.
- Act as a division consultant on problems involving delivery and integration of process services Worldwide for Optical Fiber and Cables locations.
- Maintain knowledge of current work being conducted both inside and outside of Corning in the areas of optical fiber and cables.
- Effectively communicate plans, progress, and problems to all concerned parties.
- Document results.
- Ensures coordination and interaction with other organizations that are involved in the projects.
- Trains other engineering personnel in project engineering, modeling, and engineering analysis
Project Tasks: See current MBO.
Key Decision Areas:
- Assignment of tasks to engineering personnel under his / her direction to meet project objectives and / or solve problems.
- Project evaluation and recommendations to Plant and Division staff management.
- Approval of equipment specifications for assigned projects.
- Recommends staffing required for projects.
- Assessment of potential problems and timely action and/or advise to management.
- Assessment of the quality of projects based on financial impact and technical feasibility.
- Make technical decisions to meet project objectives and/or solve specific problems.
- Develop project scopes, tasks, staffing, and costs.
- Evaluation of assigned personnel and input to PD&R process
Criteria for Performance Evaluation
- Completion of technical and project objectives.
- Application of the Quality Principles.
- Technical Contributions.
- Use of behaviors that encourage and facilitate Team effort(s) to solve technical problems and challenges.
o Working relationship with other groups.
o Demonstrated ability to secure cooperative and effective performance from associates assigned to projects.
o Professional acceptance and customer satisfaction.
o Quality and diversity of personnel recruited, trained, and promoted.
- Management Responsibilities Total 0-8,
- Professional 0-5, Technical 0-3,
- Maintenance 0-25
- Personnel Supervised directly: None
- Functional Responsibility:
o Engineers 0-5
o Technicians 0-3
Quantitative Information: Responsible for projects involving up to $100MM per year in capital equipment.
- First approval on purchase orders.
- Approval of system design specifications, system analysis plans and acceptance test compliance by vendors.
Travel Requirements: 25% + travel capable International and domestic
Required Education: BS Chem E or ME Degree or Military Experience
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Industrial Waste Water Treatment Systems
- Construction/Capital Project experience
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Knowledge of facilities Process control systems including spray coolers, bag houses, scrubbers, filtering systems, waste water treatment systems, cooling towers, Cooling Tower blow downs, potable water systems etc. Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess):
- Ensure job site safety during the project phase and carry safety emphasis over into operations phase.
- Develops P&IDs, schematics, flow diagrams. Specifies system components. Mass Balances
- Leads team to design, build and install new facilities, pollution abatement systems, and raw material delivery and monitoring systems.
- Implements designs through detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation, and commissioning. Ensures effective transfer of systems to plant Engineering and Operations.
- Plans, organizes, and leads the effort to checkout, startup, and turn systems over to Plant Operations and Engineering.
- Oversight of all onboard facility systems from installation to commis
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}