Purpose of Position:
To plan and execute Field Engineering activities. Field Engineer(s)/Specialist(s) provide technical assistance to both internal and external customers, and support field projects, training classes, corporate owned manufacturing facilities, Product Line Management, and Commercial Sales and Marketing.
- Master optical test and splice equipment and procedures required to perform assigned tasks.
- Coordinate project and support-related travel as assigned.
- Install, test, and document fiber optic systems at customer sites.
- Perform as a Project Leader with the responsibility for coordinating and executing all facets of a fiber optic network installation.
- Instruct fiber optic training courses at various Corning Optical Communications locations, regional locations, and at customer sites.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers via the Technical Support Line.
- Provide on-site technical assistance and troubleshooting.
- Complete on site investigations of potential product issues raised by customers.
- Conduct product evaluations on both Corning Optical Communications and competitor products.
- Actively pursue, obtain and report competitive information to Product Line Management, Manufacturing and Sales/Marketing.
- Provide recommendations to Sales, Manufacturing and Field Engineering to solve quality and/or field related problems.
- Position may require up to 60% travel per year.
- Some international travel may be required
Hours of work/ work schedule/ flex time:
- Typical working hours are 8am – 5pm, Mon – Fri
- Working hours while on assignment vary widely – up to 65 hours per week.
- Successful candidate will be required to remain in this position for a minimum of two (2) years
- Candidate should possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor of Science degree or higher in (e.g. Physics, Math, Computer Science, Technology) or a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Studies (e.g., Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical) which is preferred.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- No full time experience in Telecommunication required.
- Must be an effective communicator, able to deliver message through presentations, written, and verbal messages.
- Candidate should possess sound mechanical intuition and PC computer literacy.
- Fluent Language Skills in English both spoken and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks effectively in an actively changing environment.
- Results oriented with a high commitment level to task completion.
- Conflict management, seeks “win – win” solutions. Calms down and resolves problems versus escalating.
- Sound problem solving and decision making processes and skills.
- Utilizes disciplined processes and standard tools and techniques to solve problems.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and driving record check
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Fluent Language Skills in Spanish, French or Portuguese (written and spoken)
- Technical certification specifically in telecommunications with related work experience and/or military background in telecommunications
- Experience with Corning Optical Communications fiber optic products.
- Prior supervisory / functional management experience
- Knowledge of construction and planning procedures
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}