Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of Position:
To manage the functional areas of Plant Safety, Environmental Control, Facilities operations, Chemical Technology operations and Production Support Maintenance. Additionally, this position will serve to manage projects and activities as directed by the Plant Manager.
• Set and meet department and project timelines, budgets, and technology performance standards.
• Responsible for staffing criteria and selection, performance evaluations, and compensation administration.
• In coordination with the Chemical Technology and the Facility Operations groups, manage permitting and environmental compliance activities for the factory.
• Maintain and manage the security personnel, systems, and equipment necessary and sufficient to maintain the security of Corning assets, people, and intellectual property.
• Assure safety and hygiene excellence through recognition of safety hazards, review of engineering designs, training, Concord and Corporate audits, diligence in housekeeping, and continued education in the new and evolving state and federal laws.
• Identify and support specialized maintenance requirements as part of the Production Support team which consists of calibrations and specialized maintenance tasks.
• Oversee and maintain the overall Concord plant facility systems to meet world class standards.
• Participate and comply with corporate initiatives as required.
• Motivate, review, and reward direct and matrix reports.
• Develop a plan that enables the Concord Plant to achieve World Class safety including meeting and exceeding all corporate and division safety targets.
• Develop systems that require Safety review and approval before introduction of any new chemical or equipment to the factory.
• Create a climate where Safety becomes everyone’s concern and priority.
• Complete Hazard Assessment and document preparation for EPA Risk Management Program submission.
• Support plant project tasks as they are identified.
• Collaborate efforts with the divisional facilities and corporation facilities and maintenance leadership teams.
Travel Requirements: <10%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40+ hours/week
Required Education: 4 year degree in Engineering or Related Field
Required Years and Area of Experience: 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Experience in Plant Facility Operations and ChemTech
• Demonstrated leadership capability, ability to influence others, act with integrity
• Experience with department and project budget development and control
• Demonstrated experience with efficient utilization of Corning and leveraged resources
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Effective Communication
• Problem avoidance and resolution experience
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled