Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Projects involved with:
• Provide technical support with respect to material, equipment, design interactions on multiple 3D printing (Additive Manufacturing) processes (DMLS, SLA, Aerosol Jetting).
• Multiple projects supporting any/all Corning divisions or new business at a given time.
• Project teams could be both within MTE or cross functional with S&T or Corning Businesses.
• Expected travel is project dependent –typically less than 25%
• MS-PhD (preferred) - in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (candidates must have some applied experience through prior work experience, internships and/or post-doc).
• BS level candidates must have 5+ years of applied experience through prior work experience or internships with focus on 3D printing, Material Science, Mechanical/Systems design.
Area of Experience:
• Hands on lab or manufacturing experience in material processing/conversion (applied experience preferred – work tied to solving real world problems)
• Laser, UV, processing, ink jet printing
• Experience with understanding powder and particle morphology and UV curable resins.
• 5+ years of experience in Additive Manufacturing required.
• Must be up to date on latest industry trends and advancements – through reading and following journals, groups, articles, conferences etc.
• Creative/innovative problem solving
• Strong technical fundamentals with process research/engineering skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude/equipment understanding
• SolidWorks (3D CAD) design skills
• Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions
• Results oriented and high level of commitment (able to work on early stage projects and handle the possible risk of failure)
• Strong lab and experimental practices; can understand fundamentals and recognize deviations and implement routine solutions.
• The ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly
• Able to apply the principles of process control and discipline to early stage projects
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written, including accurate recording of experiments, creating detailed documents, and reporting out or presentation within team.
• Able to implement experiments and verify theory
• Knowledge of Modeling capability and how to leverage modeling tools to drive for optimize design and performance
• Technically curious and interested in driving to understand root interactions and address accordingly.
• Knowledge of 3D printing technology and where it is being applied to solve technical problems globally.
• Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open.
• Integrate well into the team environment
• Communication skills (written & oral)
• Willing to take initiative; demonstrate leadership
• Ability to build and access network to get things done.
Apply online at:
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}