Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead, and/or facilitate the development of measurement methods and capabilities for the characterization and evaluation of key attributes for existing, new, or modified products or their associated manufacturing processes. Measurement development activities include both optical fiber and optical fiber cable processes and products.
- Serve as the leader and liaison for the development of measurement technology as well as its transfer from research and development functions to receiving activities in optical fiber and cable manufacturing and/or measurement organizations.
- Provide progress reports to key stakeholders and organizational leadership
- Actively engage with key manufacturing and development activities to canvass/identify measurement develop needs that provide enhanced product attributes, cost reductions, or other competitive advantages. Work with stakeholders to identify priority activities.
- Provide technical and/or training support relating to inquiries arising from manufacturing or commercial functions. Solutions may be generated through researching available data or through the design and execution of experiments to generate new data.
- Receive, analyze, and publish test results, including comparison against acceptance criteria and statistical analysis, where applicable.
- Serve as a key technical resource/subject matter expert within Optical Fiber and Cable for measurement technology and development as well as general metrology.
Projects involved with:
- Provide engineering support, theoretical background, and consultation on specific projects, such as the assembly and optimization of new tests and measurements or the integration of these tests in manufacturing or qualification activities.
- Interface with internal and external customers as required. This may include local or on-site presentations, technical field support, training, or coordination of field testing at customer location.
Travel: Some domestic US travel, 3- 4 times annually.
- Technical proficiency in optics, physics or engineering field
- Displayed ability to effectively manage and execute multiple projects/tasks in parallel
- Ability to lead projects and direct actions within a team format or matrix organization
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly and apply past experience to new situations
- Technical problem solving experience, data-based decision making skills
- Process Excellence and Manufacturing Engineering Excellence experience/knowledge
- Team facilitation/leadership experience/skills
- Strong statistical skills – data analysis and presentation, design of experiments, etc.
- Self-starter, independent problem solver, and learner.
- Team skills and customer support orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. Electrical Engineer, Optics, or similar
- M.S. Electrical Engineer, Optics, or similar preferred
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}