Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Hands-on on involvement with the design, development, and implementation of measurement equipment and techniques that support manufacturing and product development
- Provide technical leadership and coordination with team members and equipment suppliers with system builds and factory installations
- Identify and resolve gaps between attribute and technology roadmaps and existing measurement capability
- Work with scientists, researchers, and/or suppliers to understand first principles of systems and processes and develop improvements or enhancements to meet business needs
- Use statistical tools and designed experiments (DOE) in process problem solving and process improvement
- Support new product introductions through equipment design, installation, process certification, documentation and training.
- Assure safety of operators and equipment through compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Execute cost reduction and improvement (DMAIC) projects in line with business objectives.
- Provide day-to-day problem solving support to production, development and research operations.
- Understand Corning's Intellectual property management processes and follow that process in documenting any intellectual property developed as part of a project
Role within group:
- Work in focused, cross functional teams to solve difficult technical, engineering related problems for manufacturing and development
- Function as a technical team member or team leader on multiple projects.
- Technology owner for measurement system(s), responsibilities include:
- Assure quality and repeatability of a measurement process and product attribute resolution
- Technology transfer to domestic and international manufacturing plants
- Provide equipment understanding and apply with process understanding to integrate with manufacturing
- Drive requirements for mechanical, electrical and software specifications of systems
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in problem solving
- Manage equipment supplier(s) to ensure performance and schedule
- Knowledge expert, responsible for transfer of technology and skills to engineers, operators and trades personnel on equipment and processes.
- Technology receiver for Development. Provide key link on measurement systems from early stage into manufacturing.
- Support the development and execution of plans to evaluate new technology or improvements in existing technology resulting in a superior product in terms of quality and/or cost
- 25-40% travel, including international, required for this position
Required to sign a Covenant Not to Compete
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent technical experience orequivalent experience (exceptional case)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related work
- Track record of delivering results
- Demonstrated knowledge in a technical field
- Project team membership
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Moderate Programming capability in either VB.Net or C#
- Hands on experience with equipment installation
- Solid understanding of statistical methods / analysis of systems
- Data retrieval, plotting and analysis (primarily using Microsoft Excel)
- Strong process, systems and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of measurement technology and testing methods
- Experience working with outside suppliers and machine integrators
- Experience in measurement system design
- Vision and free space optics understanding
- Software architecture and development experience in either VB.Net, C# or C++
- PLC programming
- Experience with international travel
- Manufacturing Support or Operations
- Green Belt Certification
- Project Team Leadership
- Able to handle multi-functional responsibility
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Ability to work among a diverse group
- Can work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;