Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at:
Scope of Position:
• The engineering intern will apply their skills in Corning’s mid to later innovation stages. There will be a focus on moving impactful process control technologies from development, as well as identify and solve complex later stage (engineering and manufacturing) implementation related problems.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Work with engineering teams to improve existing process control systems. The responsibilities include:
• Assisting in data gathering and analysis
• Design experiments for developing models for control and improving fundamental process understanding
• Assist experienced engineers to design, develop and implement control solutions for manufacturing processes
• Technical writing associated with documentation of new design changes
• Evaluate readiness of process control solutions from R&D organizations
Travel Requirements: Domestic Travel between Harrodsburg KY and Corning NY
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 Hours
• Currently enrolled in an electrical or chemical engineering BS degree program and have completed their sophomore or junior year
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Must have had introductory controls course work
• Motivated self-starter with an independent learning style
• Knowledge of classical control system theory (PID control, alarming, frequency analysis, control schematics, etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with a modern programming language (MATLAB, C, C#, etc.)
• Process, systems and troubleshooting skills
• Familiar with DMAIC method (or Design Stage Gate approach)
• Familiar with advanced process control theory & principles (MPC, FFTs, adaptive, etc.)
• Use of tools like MATLAB to perform data analysis, FFTs, control design, and controls system performance assessment
• Experience with control hardware and software (PLC, HMI, SCADA/DCS, etc.)
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Able to work with others for whom English is not their primary language
• Work well in teams
• Strong presentation skills
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled