Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
• Functional Area: Display Technologies FDM Design Group
Scope of Position:
• An excellent opportunity to develop in one of Corning Incorporated's key engineering organizations supporting deployment of new, innovative and challenging technologies.
• Member of Forming design team responsible for the detailed design of Display Technologies Fusion Draw Process Equipment. This includes engineering and design support for repairs, expansions and technology improvements to the existing platforms.
• Project support for the key initiatives for the division. Focus will be on implementation of robust, cost effective process machine systems in Corning’s manufacturing plants
• Developing scope of work documents for suppliers for quotes, purchase orders, and repairs. Supporting the fabrication, test runs and acceptance of equipment at the supplier.
• Decision making and technical representation for the FDM group at Design Reviews, Potential Problem Analysis reviews, technical summits, as well as the everyday design issues common within the department.
• Identify and evaluate multiple options for solving complex technical issues and thoroughly supporting his/her technical solution.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Complex process equipment design and drawing detailing
• Providing daily technical guidance to peers
• Evaluating the viability of incoming design changes
• Actively participating in design reviews
• Reporting to supervision of trends, decisions, and test results
• Interacting with domestic and international operation sites and our Science and Technology Division
• Adherence to department drawing and file standards.
• 15-20% combined local, national and international
Hours of work/work schedule/flextime:
• 40 hrs. per week, flexible work hours
• Practical 3D CAD experience and proficiency, Solid Works experience preferred
• Familiarity with mechanical and thermal analysis (Solid Works Simulation preferred)
• Knowledge of standard machining processes
• Good project management skills
• Successful experience working in a team environment
• Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance proficiency
• 2D CAD proficiency, AutoCAD experience preferred
• Manufacturing plant experience
• Materials science experience
• Familiarity with metal and ceramic fabrication processes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Flexible and adaptable
• Objectivity and fairness in evaluating technical options
• Ability to work in a diverse team environment
• Proactive approach to problem solving
Education and Experience:
• BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline
• 4 to 8 years related experience in design or plant engineering role
Required to sign a Covenant Not to Compete
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled