Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Scope of Position:
Supervisory responsibilities for cable operations. The typical position will have supervisory responsibility for 30-70 hourly associates and 4-6 operations coordinators. There is an expectation that this individual will function in either area (Ribbon or Flame Retardant), at any given time, in accordance to business needs.
This position is a part of the HCF Leadership team and reports directly into Operations. Incumbents in this position have the opportunity to progress to various other roles (i.e. Facilities, Engineering, Supply Chain, Technology, and Division Engineering).
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for performing work in a safe manner and maintaining a safe work environment. Is responsible for his/her safety, as well as that of others that may be at the facility, whether working or visiting. Is responsible for observing safe work practices and being proactive for reporting any unsafe conditions
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet or exceed production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Develop, train and coach employees to be responsible and accountable for their individual and team performance. Create a work environment that is challenging and meaningful. Recognize and reward high performance
- Encourage and develop an environment of constant, open, honest communication. Develop employee involvement to ensure every employee is a partner in the business
- Prioritize production schedules based on product induction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply
- Adjust staffing and machine assignments to achieve optimal flow and efficiency
- Develop and manage training plans for operators and support personnel for the team. Insure all employees are continually provided with appropriate job related training and education
- Achieve and maintain world class housekeeping and product flow standards
- Manage employee time and attendance for timely and accurate payroll processing
- Lead, coach and participate on teams to accomplish individual, department and divisional objectives. Objectives may include quality improvements, operating expenses, inventory targets, production goals, equipment run time, and on-time shipments
- Understand cost drivers and manage to lowest cost / highest output impact decisions of team
Projects involved with:
- Lead projects that have either direct impact on hourly staffing levels or improvement of flow through the process area (For Example: Distribution Flow Optimization)
- Support development Lean project teams that introduce significant new products or processes into the area (not projects that are modifications to an existing product)
- Participate in the Team Leader Continuous Improvement Team to improve overall plant operations.
- Develop and document procedure revisions for assigned areas
- Implement procedures in all production functions to meet and maintain ISO standards
- Identify areas of inefficient operation and implement improvements
- Utilize capacity models to develop staffing and production plans
- Identify production bottlenecks and manage resources to exploit the bottleneck
- Investigate and implement assigned Corrective Actions
- Reduce process variation and improve production yield
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Flexible - with hours during day, night or weekend shifts
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
- Computer skills (Excel – basic formulas and Word)
- Or, 10 plus years of Corning, Inc broad manufacturing experience (i.e. a combination of operations, lean, quality and planning/scheduling) and/or Corning, Inc. leadership experience
- Bachelor of Science (Engineering or technical)
- 1-3 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2-3 years’ previous supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the plant organization
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}