Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning's Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
- Engineering intern position to support the manufacturing of World Class High Precision Optical Systems. This is a dynamic position for an individual to work as part of the optical design team to model, tolerance and analyze complex optical systems from concept to completion.
- BS or MS Candidate must have completed a minimum of three years higher education.
- Coursework in geometrical optics, physical optics, aberration theory and interferometry.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of analysis tools such as Mathematica, Mathcad, visual basic programming and spreadsheets.
- Experience with major optical design software desired (CodeV, Zemax, Lightools, ASAP...)
- US citizenship or valid green card.
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
(Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}